FIH appoints observer for India
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has appointed its vice president Tony von Ondarza as the observer for the elections of Hockey India. The FIH said that Ondarza will oversee the election process and help Hockey India to bring the men's and women's federations under one roof at the state level. "The FIH is monitoring the progress of Hockey India carefully. The FIH will assist wherever it can and acknowledge that restructuring a national association requires elaboration.
"To assist Hockey India in taking the next steps, the process of forming single entities at state level as well as of the election process, vice-president Tony von Ondarza will work in conjunction with all stakeholders."