File better affidavit: HC tells CBI in CMOs’ murder case
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Dissatisfied with the progress report on the probe into the murder of two Chief Medical Officers — V K Arya and B P Singh — the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Friday directed the CBI to file a "better" affidavit on January 21.
The CBI in an affidavit stated that "on September 12, 2012 the Special Task Force of UP Police provided a hard disc containing around 1.50 lakh voice files of conversations recorded from monitored calls of various persons whose numbers were put under surveillance during the course of investigation. Those available and provided by them include conversations of the suspects\accused persons."
The CBI said the data is being analysed and conversations are being verified and it could take another two months for following the leads obtained and completing field investigations. It appealed that further time be provided to it till March 31 for completing the probe.