Film of 'Fifty Shades of Grey' to release next year
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
The movie adaptation of E L James raunchy novel 'Fifty Shades of Grey' is eyeing a summer 2014 release, Universal has confirmed.
The highly anticipated adaptation is yet to tap a director and actors for the lead role of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey.
Universal's chairman Adam Fogelson said that while they don't want to hurry with the film series, it is an "absolute priority" for them, the Hollywood Reporter said.
"It is an absolute priority for us. It's conceivable that we could be ready to release it as early as next summer," he said.
Fogelson revealed that the studio is in talks with multiple director's for the upcoming film adaptation of the hugely successful novel.
Fogelson denied that Angelina Jolie was tapped to direct "Fifty Shades of Grey", saying, "No. We're involved in a different project with her (World War II drama Unbroken). But we have had really, really interesting, great conversations with talented, serious filmmakers."