Filmfare awards to take a look into Bollywood future
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
The 59th Filmfare awards this year will offer a glimpse into the future of Bollywood in a humorous way.
"Every year we try to do better. This year we will take a light-hearted peek into the future of Bollywood; may be of 10-20 years. The awards this year are also about commemorating and paying tribute to unforgettable stars, films, songs, dialogue and celluloid memories," said Tarun Rai, CEO, Worldwide Media, publishers of Filmfare magazine.
In tune with the futuristic theme, the award trophy has been digitally sculpted in 3-D. The trophy was unveiled today by actress Priyanka Chopra who, along with Ranbir Kapoor, will be hosting the ceremony to be held on January 24 at Yash Raj Studios.