Films, parents to be blamed for minor girls eloping: Court
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat moral code of conduct
- BJP gets its first new ally as Paswan returns to NDA fold
- Donât run from big retail chains, face them, Modi tells traders
- Lokpal selection process wonât yield best candidate, says Fali, declines role
The court acquitted Prasad from the charge of kidnap with intention of forcibly marrying the girl as she had gone with him on her own volition and he had left her at a friend's house while he stayed at a nearby dharamshala. "There is no evidence to suggest or demonstrate that the accused had kidnapped the girl with the intention to marry her," the court said.
The court noted that the accused was guilty of kidnapping since the girl was underage when she "ran away" with him. "Thus it is limpid that accused took away the minor girl without the permission of her guardian and exposed himself to conviction," the court said.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past