Filmy Friday: Ek Thi Daayan releases today
Emraan Hashmi is back on screen with another horror film, Ek Thi Daayan which releases today. And accompanying him this time are not one or two but three beautiful ladies - Huma Qureshi, Kalki Koechlin and Konkona Sen Sharma.
The movie, which deals with witchcraft and the world of occult, has been directed by Kannan Iyer.
Ek Thi Daayan has been produced jointly by Ekta Kapoor and Vishal Bhardwaj.
There are reports that if the movie does well at the box office the makers would like to make a sequel.
Emraan plays the role of a magician in the film and Huma plays his love interest.
Producer Ekta Kapoor has also earlier said that she is not promoting superstition through the film.
Film's other lead actress Kalki Koechlin, who has found success in both offbeat and mainstream films, says doing commercial cinema does not fall in her comfort zone. She has worked in offbeat films like Shaitan, That Girl In Yellow Boots and others and has also been a part of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara with Zoya Akhtar.
As Kalki has not been a part of many commercial films, she finds it difficult to act in such movies.
Let's see how does this commercial movie fare at the box office.
Keep watching this space for more updates and Indian Express' review of the movie by Shubhra Gupta soon. (With PTI inputs)
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota