Final test for Sheila’s amnesty to colonies
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
Close to 40 lakh people reside in these colonies and many belong to the Congress's core vote bank. Dikshit had directed all related government departments to expedite the regularisation process following the Congress's drubbing in the municipal elections earlier this year.
The list of 900 colonies, which are to be regularised, have been cleared by the Archaeological Society of India, the Forest department, the Delhi Development Authority, the Revenue department and the municipal authorities.
The Delhi government had sent the list of colonies to the office of the L-G for approval.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready