Finally Chander Mohan appears in public
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Bhajan Lal family's 'dirty linen' was hung out to dry on Wednesday as son and former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan/Chand Mohd finally made a public appearance with his second wife Anuradha Bali/Fiza.
He accused his family of having treated him badly for long, forcing him to finally leave for good on Diwali day. She questioned why his family was calling their "pious relationship" shameful when there was barely a whimper when "Kuldeep Bishnoi (Chander Mohan's brother) was caught with a girl in a pub".
They wondered why they were being criticised and not appreciated when they had committed no crime, professed "true love" and said so strong was their relationship that they had got married despite knowing that Chander Mohan would lose his job, and rights to family property.
He said he was confident of returning to politics, she indicated she wasn't averse herself. But the first item on their agenda,they said was a house to move into.
His career in politics was far from over, Chander Mohan said at a press conference, held at Bali's Chandigarh residence. "I have full faith in my people who had elected me several times earlier. Despite all that is being done, I will remain a disciplined worker of the Congress party and only the decision of the high command will be final."
He said his removal as deputy chief minister and the withdrawal of the security provided to him were politically motivated as he wasn't the first minister to not attend office. "There are several ministers in the Government who do not visit their offices for months together. Then why have I been removed? Going for a tour to a religious place is no crime. I have been attending to my work like signing files etc."
Chander Mohan claimed he had been suffering at the hands of his family and had been unofficially disowned by them long back. "I was being harassed and ignored because of which I took the extreme step. It was on October 28, the day of Diwali, when getting completely frustrated, I left house forever. As for the issue of disowning me from the property is concerned, it had been done long back by the family, with all my property given to Seema (his first wife) and kids. It was only formally announced on Monday."
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun