Finally some sun, but mercury still dips to seasonís lowest
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Day temperatures in the city Tuesday witnessed a slight increase after the sun came out of the clouds after several days, however, the brief respite of sun had no effect on falling temperatures and the city recorded its lowest temperature of the season so far.
Minimum temperature was recorded as 1.5 degrees, four degrees below normal. On January 5 the minimum temperature was four degrees, which reduced to three degrees on January 6 and further to 2.1 degrees on January 7.
In 2012, the lowest temperature recorded in January was 4.6 degrees on January 10 and 12. While in 2011, the lowest minimum temperature recorded was 0.6 degrees and in 2010 it was 1.2 degrees.
The Met Department has predicted a further increase in day temperatures, though fog will be experienced during morning and night. The level of humidity was recorded at97 per cent, a slight decline in 100 per cent humidity levels that were being experienced over the past few days.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly