Financial powers of MC commissioner raised to Rs 5 lakh
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
In the Meeting of the Finance and Contract Committee of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation that went on till late Wednesday evening, at the Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria's camp office, the financial powers of the Commissioner of the MC have been increased from Rs 25,000 to Rs 5 lakh. This money can be used by the Commissioner immediately for minor works of the city.
Mayor also approved a project worth Rs 2 crore for the sterilisation of stray dogs.
MC Commissioner R K Verma said a pending proposal of development charges in the core area notified by the MC has been sorted. "The core areas have been exempted," he added.
Renovation of 16 sub zonal offices were also approved by the mayor. "Suvidha centers will be operational in all sub zones," he added. Gohalwaria also informed that after March 31 all illegal water and sewerage connections will be disconnected if owners do not get them regularized.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18