FinMin panel for focus on middle class
- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
making a case for widening the tax network, the consultative committee of finance on Monday pitched for a budget focussing on middle-class. The committee also sought relief for India Inc in form of reduction of dividend distribution tax where the companies have set up subsidiaries abroad.
In the first meeting of this year, committee also said that service tax on food items, storage of food grains and customs duty on sports equipment be relaxed and cheaper home loans for young borrowers aged below 35.