FIR against 3 BSP MPs & candidate for violating code of conduct
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
An FIR has been registered against three BSP MPs and its candidate for Bhatpar Rani by-elections for allegedly violating the model code of conduct, officials said here today.
The FIR has been registered against MPs Gorakh Prasad Jaiswal, Ramashankar Rajbhar and BSP Rajya Sabha member Salim Ansari and BSP candidate for Bhatpar Rani by-election Brinda Kushwaha for using red beacon light while campaigning, they said.
The FIR was registered at Khampur police station yesterday after the matter came to light, Returning Officer R D pandey said.
The by-election to the seat was necessitated after death of Sports Minister Kameshwar Upadhyay on Oct 29. His son Ashutosh Upadhyay is the SP candidate from the seat.
The polling for the seat would be held on Feb 23.