FIR against 3 BSP MPs & candidate for violating code of conduct
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
An FIR has been registered against three BSP MPs and its candidate for Bhatpar Rani by-elections for allegedly violating the model code of conduct, officials said here today.
The FIR has been registered against MPs Gorakh Prasad Jaiswal, Ramashankar Rajbhar and BSP Rajya Sabha member Salim Ansari and BSP candidate for Bhatpar Rani by-election Brinda Kushwaha for using red beacon light while campaigning, they said.
The FIR was registered at Khampur police station yesterday after the matter came to light, Returning Officer R D pandey said.
The by-election to the seat was necessitated after death of Sports Minister Kameshwar Upadhyay on Oct 29. His son Ashutosh Upadhyay is the SP candidate from the seat.
The polling for the seat would be held on Feb 23.