FIR against 3 BSP MPs & candidate for violating code of conduct
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Manmohan Singh set to move out of 7, RCR a day before results
- Attack on teachers, medical staff: Maoists say sorry for âlapseâ
An FIR has been registered against three BSP MPs and its candidate for Bhatpar Rani by-elections for allegedly violating the model code of conduct, officials said here today.
The FIR has been registered against MPs Gorakh Prasad Jaiswal, Ramashankar Rajbhar and BSP Rajya Sabha member Salim Ansari and BSP candidate for Bhatpar Rani by-election Brinda Kushwaha for using red beacon light while campaigning, they said.
The FIR was registered at Khampur police station yesterday after the matter came to light, Returning Officer R D pandey said.
The by-election to the seat was necessitated after death of Sports Minister Kameshwar Upadhyay on Oct 29. His son Ashutosh Upadhyay is the SP candidate from the seat.
The polling for the seat would be held on Feb 23.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties