FIR against 5 in Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house arson case
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
On the orders of a local court, the district police has lodged an FIR against five persons, including three police officers, for allegedly being involved in an incident of arson at Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house in 2009.
An FIR was registered yesterday against the then SHO of Hussainganj police station Baliram Saroj, former Circle Officer B S Gabarial, former SP East Harish Kumar besides erstwhile BSP leader Jitendra Singh Babloo and one Intezar Abidi Bobby on the orders of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, at Hussainganj police station, sources said on Wednesday.
The five have been accused of involvement in arsoning at Joshi's house in July, 2009.
The FIR was lodged after the Lucknow CJM's order on an application by Congress leader Rajveer Singh.
Among the five accused, Saroj is now Deputy Superintendent of Police while Kumar has been promoted to be an IPS officer.
The attack took place after Joshi had made some comments against the then chief minister Mayawati.