FIR against 5 in Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house arson case
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
On the orders of a local court, the district police has lodged an FIR against five persons, including three police officers, for allegedly being involved in an incident of arson at Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house in 2009.
An FIR was registered yesterday against the then SHO of Hussainganj police station Baliram Saroj, former Circle Officer B S Gabarial, former SP East Harish Kumar besides erstwhile BSP leader Jitendra Singh Babloo and one Intezar Abidi Bobby on the orders of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, at Hussainganj police station, sources said on Wednesday.
The five have been accused of involvement in arsoning at Joshi's house in July, 2009.
The FIR was lodged after the Lucknow CJM's order on an application by Congress leader Rajveer Singh.
Among the five accused, Saroj is now Deputy Superintendent of Police while Kumar has been promoted to be an IPS officer.
The attack took place after Joshi had made some comments against the then chief minister Mayawati.