FIR against 5 in Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house arson case
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
On the orders of a local court, the district police has lodged an FIR against five persons, including three police officers, for allegedly being involved in an incident of arson at Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house in 2009.
An FIR was registered yesterday against the then SHO of Hussainganj police station Baliram Saroj, former Circle Officer B S Gabarial, former SP East Harish Kumar besides erstwhile BSP leader Jitendra Singh Babloo and one Intezar Abidi Bobby on the orders of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, at Hussainganj police station, sources said on Wednesday.
The five have been accused of involvement in arsoning at Joshi's house in July, 2009.
The FIR was lodged after the Lucknow CJM's order on an application by Congress leader Rajveer Singh.
Among the five accused, Saroj is now Deputy Superintendent of Police while Kumar has been promoted to be an IPS officer.
The attack took place after Joshi had made some comments against the then chief minister Mayawati.