FIR against 5 in Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house arson case
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
On the orders of a local court, the district police has lodged an FIR against five persons, including three police officers, for allegedly being involved in an incident of arson at Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi's house in 2009.
An FIR was registered yesterday against the then SHO of Hussainganj police station Baliram Saroj, former Circle Officer B S Gabarial, former SP East Harish Kumar besides erstwhile BSP leader Jitendra Singh Babloo and one Intezar Abidi Bobby on the orders of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, at Hussainganj police station, sources said on Wednesday.
The five have been accused of involvement in arsoning at Joshi's house in July, 2009.
The FIR was lodged after the Lucknow CJM's order on an application by Congress leader Rajveer Singh.
Among the five accused, Saroj is now Deputy Superintendent of Police while Kumar has been promoted to be an IPS officer.
The attack took place after Joshi had made some comments against the then chief minister Mayawati.
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence