FIR against Arabul by CPI-M for Bamunghata violence
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
FIR has been filed against 15 members of Trinamool Congress, including South 24 Parganas leader Arabul Islam by CPI-M in connection with the violence at Bamunghata on January 8 that left a number of workers of both parties injured.
The FIR was filed at the Kolkata Leather Complex police station by the counsel of CPI-M worker Hashem Mollah of Bhangor who was injured in the violence, police said.
Besides Arabul, who is an ex MLA of TMC, FIRs were also filed against Mohidul Islam, vice-president of Bhangor II panchyat and block-level leaders Mominul Islam and Pradeep Mondol, the police said.
Workers of both parties were injured in the violence, including one who received gun shot, while 10 vehicles were damaged and torched.
Arabul, who had alleged that his car was fired at allegedly by Marxist workers as a result of which he fell off and was subsequently rescued by party workers during the violence, has already filed FIRs against 400 CPI-M workers.
Among those against who he had filed the FIR are CPI-M district committee members Tushar Ghosh, Prafulla Mondol, Udayan Mondol and Sattar Mollah.
FIR had been earlier filed on January 6 by CPI-M against Arabul accusing him of leading the attack against CPI(M) leader and former minister Rezzak Mollah during the day.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'