FIR against ex-BSP leaders, IPS officer for 2009 arson
- LIVE: Had Congress helped poor in 60 years, MNREGA wouldn't be needed, says PM Narendra Modi
- PM Modi hits back at Congress, quotes Rajiv, Indira Gandhi
- SIT officer breaks silence: Ishrat killing was premeditated murder
- JNU row: Kanhaiya gets bail and a lesson on thoughts that ‘infect... (like) gangrene’
- Kashmir: Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants killed in overnight encounter
Former BSP leaders Jitendra Singh alias Babloo, Intezar Ahmed Abidi alias Bobby, and IPS officer Harish Kumar, PPS officers BS Garbyal and Baliram Saroj were booked on Tuesday for allegedly burning the car of a Congress leader during the arson at the house of former Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi in July 2009.
The FIR was lodged at Hussainganj police station on the order of Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajesh Upadhyay, following an application was filed by former UPCC general secretary Rajveer Singh. He had approached the court in August 2009 alleging that then BSP MLA Babloo, then BSP leader Bobby, then Additional SP(Lucknow East) Harish Kumar, then Circle Officer(Hazratganj) BS Garbyal, and then Hussainganj Station House Officer Baliram Saroj had burnt his Ambassador car parked outside Joshi's house.
The five accused have been charged for mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house, rioting, intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and criminal intimidation.
- Budget 2016 promotes inter-state competition in reforming laws to generate employment
- Union budget reinforces the message that India be consistently warm.
- We are facing the worst humanitarian crisis since WW II and largest funding crisis
- We need to make goat farming organised tie it to animal husbandry
- Central allocations for agriculture less important than state budgets
- La-la land budget