FIR against ex-BSP leaders, IPS officer for 2009 arson
- Survivors unlikely onboard missing IAF aircraft AN-32: MoS Defence
- Selfie Gold goes to Sports Minister Vijay Goel but Rio panel isn’t amused
- Prakash Javadekar accepts what Smriti Irani rejected: PMO idea to let IIMs choose their chiefs
- In standoff with SC on judges’ postings, Govt digs its heels in
- Should bury data, said Ranbaxy chief when R&D head revealed fudge: Tribunal order
Former BSP leaders Jitendra Singh alias Babloo, Intezar Ahmed Abidi alias Bobby, and IPS officer Harish Kumar, PPS officers BS Garbyal and Baliram Saroj were booked on Tuesday for allegedly burning the car of a Congress leader during the arson at the house of former Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi in July 2009.
The FIR was lodged at Hussainganj police station on the order of Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajesh Upadhyay, following an application was filed by former UPCC general secretary Rajveer Singh. He had approached the court in August 2009 alleging that then BSP MLA Babloo, then BSP leader Bobby, then Additional SP(Lucknow East) Harish Kumar, then Circle Officer(Hazratganj) BS Garbyal, and then Hussainganj Station House Officer Baliram Saroj had burnt his Ambassador car parked outside Joshi's house.
The five accused have been charged for mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house, rioting, intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and criminal intimidation.
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov
- Pakistan’s foreign policy, founded on hostility towards India, has isolated it globally
- India can gain by being active in the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Civic tech can be an instrument for bringing social change
- All parties meet about Kashmir. But are they prepared to hear the Kashmiris?