FIR against ex-BSP leaders, IPS officer for 2009 arson
- With Air Force flypast, Republic Day parade concludes at Rajpath
- Republic Day celebrations pass off peacefully in Kashmir
- India, France talk tough on terror, stuck on Rafale price
- Continue to complain, rebel, demand, President Pranab Mukherjee tells nation
- Tamil Nadu suicides: College owner turns herself in
Former BSP leaders Jitendra Singh alias Babloo, Intezar Ahmed Abidi alias Bobby, and IPS officer Harish Kumar, PPS officers BS Garbyal and Baliram Saroj were booked on Tuesday for allegedly burning the car of a Congress leader during the arson at the house of former Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi in July 2009.
The FIR was lodged at Hussainganj police station on the order of Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajesh Upadhyay, following an application was filed by former UPCC general secretary Rajveer Singh. He had approached the court in August 2009 alleging that then BSP MLA Babloo, then BSP leader Bobby, then Additional SP(Lucknow East) Harish Kumar, then Circle Officer(Hazratganj) BS Garbyal, and then Hussainganj Station House Officer Baliram Saroj had burnt his Ambassador car parked outside Joshi's house.
The five accused have been charged for mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house, rioting, intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and criminal intimidation.
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU
- Why the proposal to build a new Parliament building is a bit jolting
- AIR’s decision to share its rich archives through an online radio station is welcome
- Asset sales are the way for govt to protect credibility while avoiding procyclical fiscal stance
- Who killed Rohith Vemula?