FIR against ex-ministerís lawyer for threatening Lokayukta PRO
- Be ready for polls at all times: PM Modi to Gujarat, Rajasthan MPs
- Statement in SC: CBI bid to shunt out coal scam probe DIGs
- Give us details of 271 illegal immigrants: India tells US
- Shiv Sena MP takes August Kranti Rajdhani to Mumbai after top airlines blacklist him
- Sports ministry clears move to make doping a criminal offence
An FIR was registered against Manoj Kumar Dwivedi, the lawyer of BSP MLA and former minister Ramveer Upadhyay, on Monday at Vibhuti Khand police station for intimidating A K Singhal, PRO of Lokayukta N K Mehrotra.
According to Singhal's complaint, Dwivedi had come to his office today afternoon seeking the copy of Lokayukta's report sent to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday, in which the Lokayuka had recommended a CBI or vigilance probe against Upadhyay for possessing assets disproportionate to his known source of income.
Singhal said when he declined to give him the report Dwivedi started arguing with him saying when it can be given to press why it cannot be given to him. Later, Dwivedi threatened of getting the office attacked by supporters and created a ruckus, Singhal alleged.
- At the time of political triumph of India’s majority party, let’s recall a few Emergency stories
- For Nawaz Sharif, one shows the way to hardening hostility, the other to fragile peace
- Bhagat Singh's ideas on nationalism, reason, religion and politics are relevant today
- Why Anti-Discrimination and Equality Bill 2016 must find champions in the Centre and states
- Narendra Modi’s political style is similar to that of Indira Gandhi — as will be his challenges
- With BJP in power in three Northeastern states, a chance to solve the Naga problem