FIR against ex-ministerís lawyer for threatening Lokayukta PRO
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
An FIR was registered against Manoj Kumar Dwivedi, the lawyer of BSP MLA and former minister Ramveer Upadhyay, on Monday at Vibhuti Khand police station for intimidating A K Singhal, PRO of Lokayukta N K Mehrotra.
According to Singhal's complaint, Dwivedi had come to his office today afternoon seeking the copy of Lokayukta's report sent to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday, in which the Lokayuka had recommended a CBI or vigilance probe against Upadhyay for possessing assets disproportionate to his known source of income.
Singhal said when he declined to give him the report Dwivedi started arguing with him saying when it can be given to press why it cannot be given to him. Later, Dwivedi threatened of getting the office attacked by supporters and created a ruckus, Singhal alleged.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi