FIR against ex-ministerís lawyer for threatening Lokayukta PRO
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
An FIR was registered against Manoj Kumar Dwivedi, the lawyer of BSP MLA and former minister Ramveer Upadhyay, on Monday at Vibhuti Khand police station for intimidating A K Singhal, PRO of Lokayukta N K Mehrotra.
According to Singhal's complaint, Dwivedi had come to his office today afternoon seeking the copy of Lokayukta's report sent to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday, in which the Lokayuka had recommended a CBI or vigilance probe against Upadhyay for possessing assets disproportionate to his known source of income.
Singhal said when he declined to give him the report Dwivedi started arguing with him saying when it can be given to press why it cannot be given to him. Later, Dwivedi threatened of getting the office attacked by supporters and created a ruckus, Singhal alleged.
Later, Singhal complained (verbally) to Lucknow Deputy Inspector General Ashutosh Pandey and security was tightened at the Lokayukta office. Singhal also gave a written complaint at the police station for lodging an FIR.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today