FIR against MLA’s gunman, two others
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
In yet another incident of political high handedness, a Congress MLA from Hisar's Barwala assembly constituency, Ramniwas Ghorela and his security men allegedly thrashed a family, including women, after their car failed to give way to the MLA's vehicle on the Jind-Hisar highway late on Sunday.
The police later booked three persons, including MLA's gunman Karambir, driver and another unidentified man, after the family members supported by hundreds of passersby blocked the Jind-Hisar highway for over four hours. Ghorela has denied his involvement in the incident.
According to the police, the incident took place on Sunday when Ghorela was returning from Karnal to Barwala. At around 7.30 pm, when his car reached near railway crossing on Hansi road in Jind, his securitymen entered into a clash with one Devender, a Kharakpunia resident, for not letting the MLA's vehicle overtake his car. Devender, his uncle Raghbir, aunt Surajmati and three other women of their family were travelling in the car. The MLA allegedly abused Devender and his uncle and his securitymen thrashed both.
"We were returning from Shahpur village after attending a family function. When I could not give way, Ghorela's driver brought his vehicle parallel to mine and hit my vehicle with his rifle's butt and started abusing me. When I protested, the MLA's driver brought his car in front of mine and blocked our way. The driver and MLA's securityman started misbehaving with me and my uncle and even thrashed us. The MLA also abused the women who were with us", Devender said.
Soon Ghorela sped away from the spot. As agitated mob started raising slogans police reached the spot and tried to pacify the mob.
"We have booked MLA's securityman, driver and another man on charges of assault," said DSP Om Singh Balhara.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'