FIR against Salman Khan for allegedly threatening fishermen
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
The local Bandra fishing community has recently filed three non-cognisable complaints against Salman Khan's bodyguards alleging that they have been repeatedly threatened to vacate the area which is on Chimbai beach in Bandra West.
The Kolis, who possess two cottages, filed the FIR complaint at the Bandra station on Saturday.
However, in contrast to the Kolis allegations, the actor's family has denied the charges and has claimed harassment by the fishing community.
In 2011, Salman Khan had bought two cottages Belle View and Benar; the East Indian and Maharashtrian Kolis, who dock their boats and fishing nets on Chimbai beach in front of those cottages, have claimed that the actor's bodyguards demanded an unblocked view of the sea, since the actor was the new owner of the cottages.
The Kolis said that they filed two non-cognisable complaints on September 15, 2011 and another on May 5, 2012 with the Bandra police.
A third complaint was filed on December 30, 2012, in which they alleged the bodyguards burnt their materials.
The Kolis have also alleged that three women, Elizabeth, Melinda and her daughter Cynthia have been assaulted for interfering. On Saturday, the Kolis along with a few key members of the area met with Vishwas Nangre-Patil, Additional Commissioner of police, to file an FIR, in which he asked them to come on Tuesday after investigating the matter.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde