FIR lodged against Shah Rukh Khan, others
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
An FIR has been lodged at Sadar police station in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district on the direction of a local court against actor Shahrukh Khan, his wife Gauri Khan, Karan Johar and others for allegedly hurting religious sentiments by depicting Hindu deity Radha in an inappropriate manner.
The police said today that the FIR was lodged last night under sections 294 (Obscene acts and songs to annoyance of others), 295 (deliberate and malicious act intended to hurt religious feelings and 295A (injuring or defiling place of worship intended to insult the religion) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against Khan and others.
The Sadar police station inspector Ezaj Ahmed has been made the investigation officer to probe the case, they said.
The FIR followed a complaint lodged by advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha on November five in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh alleging obscene presentation of the deity in a song in the film "Student of the Year".
After hearing the case, the judge had passed an order directing that a case be lodged against the accused in the Sadar police station.
The film's actors Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and Siddharth Malhotra and the Dharma Production, which produced the film in partnership with Khan's production company - M/S Red Chillies Entertainment, have been named as other accused in the case.