Fire at Arabian Blues restaurant
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
A major fire broke out at Arabian Blues, a restaurant on the ground floor of the three-storey Yusuf Building near Crawford Market, at around 5 pm Friday. There were no casualties or injuries.
The fire broke out in the kitchen and spread to the first floor of the building.
It took four fire engines, three water tankers and almost two hours to put out the blaze.
"As the building is in a congested area, firefighgting was a challenge. Also, it does not have safety equipment," said a fire official.
Residents complained of irregularities in construction of the dilapidated building, he said. "We will refer the matter to the ward officer to check modifications."
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within