Fire at Arabian Blues restaurant
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A major fire broke out at Arabian Blues, a restaurant on the ground floor of the three-storey Yusuf Building near Crawford Market, at around 5 pm Friday. There were no casualties or injuries.
The fire broke out in the kitchen and spread to the first floor of the building.
It took four fire engines, three water tankers and almost two hours to put out the blaze.
"As the building is in a congested area, firefighgting was a challenge. Also, it does not have safety equipment," said a fire official.
Residents complained of irregularities in construction of the dilapidated building, he said. "We will refer the matter to the ward officer to check modifications."
The ground-plus three structure had commercial units on the first floor and residential ones on the upper floors where over 20 families live, said a civic official.