Fire at Arabian Blues restaurant
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
A major fire broke out at Arabian Blues, a restaurant on the ground floor of the three-storey Yusuf Building near Crawford Market, at around 5 pm Friday. There were no casualties or injuries.
The fire broke out in the kitchen and spread to the first floor of the building.
It took four fire engines, three water tankers and almost two hours to put out the blaze.
"As the building is in a congested area, firefighgting was a challenge. Also, it does not have safety equipment," said a fire official.
Residents complained of irregularities in construction of the dilapidated building, he said. "We will refer the matter to the ward officer to check modifications."
The ground-plus three structure had commercial units on the first floor and residential ones on the upper floors where over 20 families live, said a civic official.