Fire at Indra Hosiery finally brought under control after 11 hours
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
No room for hydraulic stair
Though an hydraulic lift was need to deal with the fire, the staff categorically stated that the hydraulic stair would not work in congested areas like Sunder Nagar.
Aging fire staff
The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation has only 40 firemen of which more than half are above the age of 50 and14 will be retiring within a year. The firemen also stated that limited workforce also becomes a hurdle to extinguishing fires quickly. Though 120 posts of firemen had been okayed by local bodies, no recruitment has been done.