Fire at Indra Hosiery finally brought under control after 11 hours
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
No room for hydraulic stair
Though an hydraulic lift was need to deal with the fire, the staff categorically stated that the hydraulic stair would not work in congested areas like Sunder Nagar.
Aging fire staff
The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation has only 40 firemen of which more than half are above the age of 50 and14 will be retiring within a year. The firemen also stated that limited workforce also becomes a hurdle to extinguishing fires quickly. Though 120 posts of firemen had been okayed by local bodies, no recruitment has been done.