Fire at Kumbh kills 1, stampede toll 37
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
"Following the incident, at least eight people were shifted in air ambulance to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi. At least five of them succumbed to their injuries over a course of few days. Another two persons died at SRN Hospital here," said S P Singh Principal of Medical College and in charge of SRN Hospital.
Meanwhile, the death toll in the Sunday stampede on the day of Mauni Amavasya at the Allahabad railway station rose to 37. An unidentified man, being treated at Swaroop Rani Nehru Hospital, succumbed to his injuries Friday morning, said Chief Medical Officer, Dr Padmakar Singh.
The total toll so far due to stampede, fire incidents and heavy crowding in the Mela stands at 47. While eight have died in fire incidents, 37 in the stampede at railway station, two others were killed on Mauni Amavasya due to heavy crowding in the Mela area.