Fire at Kumbh kills 1, stampede toll 37
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
"Following the incident, at least eight people were shifted in air ambulance to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi. At least five of them succumbed to their injuries over a course of few days. Another two persons died at SRN Hospital here," said S P Singh Principal of Medical College and in charge of SRN Hospital.
Meanwhile, the death toll in the Sunday stampede on the day of Mauni Amavasya at the Allahabad railway station rose to 37. An unidentified man, being treated at Swaroop Rani Nehru Hospital, succumbed to his injuries Friday morning, said Chief Medical Officer, Dr Padmakar Singh.
The total toll so far due to stampede, fire incidents and heavy crowding in the Mela stands at 47. While eight have died in fire incidents, 37 in the stampede at railway station, two others were killed on Mauni Amavasya due to heavy crowding in the Mela area.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready