Fire breaks out in fuel-laden train, rail traffic disrupted
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Fifteen wagons of a goods train carrying kerosene caught fire between Jarwal and Saryu railway stations after some bogies derailed in the wee hours this morning, throwing rail traffic out of gear on the Lucknow-Gorakhpur route.
Sixteen wagons of the train derailed and 15 of them caught fire, PRO, Northern Railway, Alok Srivastava said.
Railway employees detached 31 other wagons of the train and fire tenders rushed from Lucknow and Bahraich fought to control the blaze for seven to eight hours, he said.
In the wake of the incident, the route of 11 trains on the down line and 14 on the up line have been changed and three others have been cancelled.
150 metres long rail track on the down line and 50 metres on the up line has been badly damaged due to the fire, Srivastav said.
GM of North Eastern Railway B. Ramachandran has ordered an equiry and rail traffic on the route is likely to be restored by the evening.
Senior Railway officials have rushed to the spot, he said, adding that the loss was estimated to be in crores of rupees.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer