Fire breaks out in Kolkata hospital

Fire broke out in the maternity ward of state-run Medical College and Hospital here on Tuesday night, but there was no injury.

Fire brigade sources said the smoke came out from an AC and the fire may have been caused by a short-circuit.

The fire broke out at 10.20 pm. Two fire tenders brought it under control within 15 minutes.

Several women, carrying their newborns, rushed out of the ward in panic after seeing the smoke.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
comments powered by Disqus