Fire breaks out in Kolkata hospital
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Fire broke out in the maternity ward of state-run Medical College and Hospital here on Tuesday night, but there was no injury.
Fire brigade sources said the smoke came out from an AC and the fire may have been caused by a short-circuit.
The fire broke out at 10.20 pm. Two fire tenders brought it under control within 15 minutes.
Several women, carrying their newborns, rushed out of the ward in panic after seeing the smoke.