Fire guts Lonavala Big Boss sets
- BJP manifesto pledges good governance, talks of constructing Ram Temple, abrogating Article 370
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Lakhs of farmers have committed suicide, says Modi; Will fight for the 70 crore poor and raise their standard of living, says Rahul
- Coal block scam: CVC Pradeep Kumar recuses himself from SC probe panel
- Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA, joins hands with BJP
- Lok Sabha elections: 41 pc polling in Tripura till noon; EVMs malfunction reported in Assam
A part of the sets at Hudco area in Lonavala where reality show Big Boss was shot was gutted in a major fire in the early hours of Friday. Police said the primary investigation revealed short circuit to be the cause of fire. As the premises were locked, there were no one inside the sets. Lonavala rural police said the fire broke out around 4.50 am.
Inspector Vishnu Pawar said, "The shooting of the reality show is over. So there was no one inside the premises. Only one of the blocks of the set caught fire and was completely destroyed. Three fire tenders —one each from Khopoli and Lonavala municipalities and one from INS Shivaji — were pressed into action. The fire was brought under control within two hours."
"According to the fire brigade personnel fire was caused by a short circuit. We are recording the statements of neighbours and security guards. We have not ruled out foul play in the case."
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains