Fire guts Lonavala Big Boss sets
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
A part of the sets at Hudco area in Lonavala where reality show Big Boss was shot was gutted in a major fire in the early hours of Friday. Police said the primary investigation revealed short circuit to be the cause of fire. As the premises were locked, there were no one inside the sets. Lonavala rural police said the fire broke out around 4.50 am.
Inspector Vishnu Pawar said, "The shooting of the reality show is over. So there was no one inside the premises. Only one of the blocks of the set caught fire and was completely destroyed. Three fire tenders —one each from Khopoli and Lonavala municipalities and one from INS Shivaji — were pressed into action. The fire was brought under control within two hours."
"According to the fire brigade personnel fire was caused by a short circuit. We are recording the statements of neighbours and security guards. We have not ruled out foul play in the case."
- Chavan sweetens deal for slum-dwellers
- ‘Buildings with approved layout plan should be exempted from SC order’
- WR puts brakes on new suburban services
- UP Doctors Protest: SP MLA booked as strike called off
- Raj Thackeray initiates talks with fringe parties
- Ministers, corporators fight over credit for public projects