Fire in Ambala shop destroys goods worth Rs 2 crore
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Ready-made garments worth more than a crore rupees were burnt in a fire that spread in the shop at Nocholson Road, Sadar Bazaar Chowk, Ambala Cantonment late Thursday night.
The adjoining shops were also affected but were saved by their owners reaching in time. Fire tenders of the fire brigade and Air Force controlled the fire after hard labour for about an hour. The cause of fire has not been ascertained so far. Hundreds of people, including the shopkeepers, gathered on the spot and assisted in the extinguishing of the fire.
The fire spread by chance in a ready-made garments shop at around 10.30 in the night. The fire spread so quickly that flames were visible high in the sky. The shop was closed at the time. All the garments stored in the shop were reduced to ashes within half an hour. The police, on receiving the information, reached the spot and sealed the area.