Fire in Ambala shop destroys goods worth Rs 2 crore
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Ready-made garments worth more than a crore rupees were burnt in a fire that spread in the shop at Nocholson Road, Sadar Bazaar Chowk, Ambala Cantonment late Thursday night.
The adjoining shops were also affected but were saved by their owners reaching in time. Fire tenders of the fire brigade and Air Force controlled the fire after hard labour for about an hour. The cause of fire has not been ascertained so far. Hundreds of people, including the shopkeepers, gathered on the spot and assisted in the extinguishing of the fire.
The fire spread by chance in a ready-made garments shop at around 10.30 in the night. The fire spread so quickly that flames were visible high in the sky. The shop was closed at the time. All the garments stored in the shop were reduced to ashes within half an hour. The police, on receiving the information, reached the spot and sealed the area.
The Deputy Commissioner, Shekhar Vidyarthi, with officials also reached the spot. He ordered an enquiry into the causes of the fire. The shop owner Sumit Madaan said that he suffered a loss of about Rs 2 crore. The adjoining clinic of Dr Ravinder Kumar also developed cracks due to the fire. If the fire had not been controlled in time, there could have been greater loss to the adjoining shops.
- Kejriwal-Centre showdown likely as AAP set to table Janlokpal Bill despite Law Ministryâ€™sÂ view
- Arvind Kejriwal may resign today over Jan Lokpal Bill, Cong and BJP unite in opposition
- Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi: Twitter profile | The Indian Express
- â€˜I asked my wife to stop joking when she said Rs 3.75Â croreâ€™