Smoke after brake jam triggers panic on board Shatabdi
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7: KKR seal thriller in Sharjah
Smoke emanating from the wheels of the Delhi-Lucknow Shatabdi Express due to a brake jam triggered panic among train passengers at the railway station here on Wednesday.
The incident took place around 7 AM when the Delhi-Lucknow Shatabdi, which was going to Lucknow from Delhi, suddenly came to a halt due to a brake jam at Ghaziabad Railway station.
"When the train was coming towards Ghaziabad railway station, its brake suddenly jammed. As train was at a high speed, a smog emerged in its wheel," an official of Government Railway Police said.
This triggered panic among passengers.
The problem was, however, sorted out within 15 minutes.
"The train has left for Lucknow," the official said.