Firecrackers market gutted in Vadodara
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Six election officials killed in Naxal attack; FIR filed against Azam Khan
"The fact that no casualty has been reported means safety measures were full-proof. Two persons have received minor injuries and more than 150 vehicles have been damaged. We are in the process of registering a case of accident," city police commissioner Satish Sharma said.
The commissioner and chief fire officer said the stall-owners had requisite permissions to set up stalls and sell firecrackers.
Fire and emergency service department of VMC pressed 27 fire tenders and around 150 firemen into the service and controlled the fire within half-an-hour.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit