Firecrackers market gutted in Vadodara
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
"The fact that no casualty has been reported means safety measures were full-proof. Two persons have received minor injuries and more than 150 vehicles have been damaged. We are in the process of registering a case of accident," city police commissioner Satish Sharma said.
The commissioner and chief fire officer said the stall-owners had requisite permissions to set up stalls and sell firecrackers.
Fire and emergency service department of VMC pressed 27 fire tenders and around 150 firemen into the service and controlled the fire within half-an-hour.