Firecrackers market gutted in Vadodara
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
"The fact that no casualty has been reported means safety measures were full-proof. Two persons have received minor injuries and more than 150 vehicles have been damaged. We are in the process of registering a case of accident," city police commissioner Satish Sharma said.
The commissioner and chief fire officer said the stall-owners had requisite permissions to set up stalls and sell firecrackers.
Fire and emergency service department of VMC pressed 27 fire tenders and around 150 firemen into the service and controlled the fire within half-an-hour.