Firecrackers market gutted in Vadodara
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
"The fact that no casualty has been reported means safety measures were full-proof. Two persons have received minor injuries and more than 150 vehicles have been damaged. We are in the process of registering a case of accident," city police commissioner Satish Sharma said.
The commissioner and chief fire officer said the stall-owners had requisite permissions to set up stalls and sell firecrackers.
Fire and emergency service department of VMC pressed 27 fire tenders and around 150 firemen into the service and controlled the fire within half-an-hour.