Firhad has no business shielding anyone: Narayanan
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Governor M K Narayanan visited slain ASI Tapas Choudhury's house today.
Asked about Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim's alleged move to shield accused Iqbal Ahmed, Narayanan said, "He has no business to do so (shield anyone). If somebody's name is in the FIR, then he should be arrested immediately."
Asked what the government should do to maintain law and order, the governor said the need of the hour is to uphold the majesty of law and authority. He said he had come to Choudhury's house not as a governor but a former police officer.
Choudhury's relatives said Narayanan had consoled his wife, daughter and son and assured them that all assistance would be provided by the state government.
Choudhury's wife Minati said, "The governor has assured us that all necessary help will be provided. My only priority now is to run my family. I believe that the government will punish the guilty."
State must ensure normalcy on bandh: HC
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed