First Look: Mugdha Godse's item number in Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns
Mugdha Godse will be seen in an item number for the first time in Tigmanshu Dhulia's Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns. The actress says she was looking forward to work with Tigmanshu Dhulia for sometime now.
The item song is a satire on Indian royalty. The song, composed by Sandeep Chowta and sung by Paroma Dasgupta, exposes the dark side and hidden agendas of influential people. An excited Mugdha says, "I was chilling in Goa when Tigmanshu called and offered me the song. I said yes immediately as it was quite wacky and a mad number."
The lyrics of the song have also got a quirky touch. It goes 'Media se keh du kya re main khule aam re, haye ke balma bandh kamre mein rajneeti kare.' Mugdha says that the shoot in Delhi turned out to be an ordeal as they shot in extremely low temperatures. "The temperatures dipped low and it rained so much that we had to stop shooting for sometime. It was a tough shoot but it was good fun. The track not only adds to the glamour quotient. I make everyone else dance in the song."
When quizzed about mentioning the media in the song? Tigmanshu replies, "People will not call the police, but the media to expose dubious activities. The royal family in my film has done something wrong and is celebrating, hence the song."
About roping in Mugdha for the song, he says, "She has never done an item song and I thought it would be interesting if she did it."
Mugdha adds further, "The song is the flavour of the film, more so because the story is weaved into it. I loved the original Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster and feel thrilled to be a part of the sequel. I remember shooting in freezing cold for this song in Delhi. But all the hard work was worth the experience."
- SUV driver hits car, tries to run over inspector at naka; cases registered
- Parties cash in on Sunday mood, star appeal for votes
- BJP Muslim leaders in state for ‘minority report’
- Short Changes: Stock markets to see cautious trading amid elections, IIP data: Analysts
- BJP men raise voters’ pledge for Modi via mobile
- Minimum balance: Better to maintain than risk high fees
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death