First-year CoEP student commits suicide
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
First-year student of College of Engineering, Pune, (CoEP) Krushna Namdeo Pinate (19) allegedly committed suicide by hanging in his hostel room on Friday morning.
In his suicide note, he said he took the extreme step as he was facing difficulty in studies and the pain in his leg due to disability was too much to bear, police said.
Shivajinagar police said Pinate was a civil engineering student and his exams were currently going on. "On Friday morning when his roommates left the hostel, Pinate did not go for the exam and stayed back in his room - 104 in C-block of boys hostel. When some of them returned in the afternoon, they found the room locked and on knocking Pinate did not open the door. When they saw through the window they found him hanging from the ceiling fan," police said
Inspector (Crime) Seema Mehendale of Shivajinagar police station said, "The suicide note is addressed to his mother." Police said Pinate wrote in his suicide note that he was facing difficulties in the ongoing exam and the pain in his leg due to a deformity was too much to bear about which he couldn't tell anyone." Police said Pinate's father is a college lecturer in his hometown Nilanga in Latur district while his mother is a homemaker.
CoEP director Anil Sahasrabuddhe said his parents were informed about the incident and they were on their way to Pune. "It is a very sad incident which should not have happened. Even if he was facing difficulties in studies and felt that he was not doing well in his exams, it was not the end of the life. At CoEP, we have the assessment system is spread throughout the year and exams carry only 50 per cent marks and students improve with time," Sahasrabuddhe said, adding that on Friday Pinate was to take Chemistry exam from 10 am.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today