Fish dead in Katraj lake, PMC blames it on hyacinth
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
"Water hyacinth does not grow all of a sudden," Yadwadkar said, adding it was the responsibility of PMC to remove it but they failed to do so.
PMC environment officer Mangesh Dighe said the administration will send water samples for lab tests to ascertain oxygen content. "If large number of fish died in a small span of time, it needs to be investigated properly. We will also approach the state fisheries department to find the reasons," he added.