Five arrested for harassing colleague
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Kolkata: Five persons were arrested after a 21-year-old woman was allegedly sexually harassed by her office colleagues at Kharadah in North 24-Parganas. The incident took place a couple of days ago. The woman lodged a complaint with Kharda police station that her colleagues "attempted to rape her", said a senior police official of Barrackpore Commissionerate. The incident took place in the office premises after office hours when the victim had to stay back for work. Based on the FIR lodged by the victim, police arrested all 5 accused persons including MD Amit Singh , Atanu Adhikari, Sabuj Baran Pal , Subhojit Basak, Suman Monal of the same company. They were produced before the CJM of Barrackpore Court on Friday and have been sent to jail custody.
Probe ordered into molestation on bus
Kolkata: West Bengal Human Rights Commission on Friday took suo motu cognizance in the incident of a college student being molested and sexually assaulted in a bus in broad daylight near Raja Bazzar science college. The commission issued an order and directed Commissioner of Police R K Pachnanda to submit a report in two weeks. The commission has also directed the CP to order a probe into the incident by a senior police official. A postgraduate student of Raja Bazar science college of Calcutta University jumped off a running bus on the Sealdah flyover on Thursday after four youths allegedly molested her.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'