Five arrested for stealing drugs meant for hospitals
- Election Live: I really don't get Arvind Kejriwal's criticism of the media, says Omar Abdullah
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- John Kerry refuses to comment on Narendra Modi visa issue
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Five persons, including the storekeeper of ex-Serviceman's Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS), were arrested fon the charges of stealing medicines from various hospitals and selling them in the market illegally.
The Crime Branch seized medicines, worth over Rs 12 lakh, which were from the Railway hospital, ECHS hospitals, ESI hospitals and Sanjay Gandhi Memorial hospital.
Neeraj Kumar, Sachin Gupta, Hari Shankar Chhabra, Hari Nath Gupta and Ram Vir Singh were arrested. Singh worked as a storekeeper in ECHS polyclinic and Chhabra ran a medicine shop, police said.
"Kumar and Gupta were arrested from Rohini. Their questioning led to the arrest of the other three accused," DCP (Crime) S B S Tyagi said.