Five good things about the iPhone 4S
- Jaitley defamation case: Won't charge Kejriwal, will treat him like my poor clients, says Jethmalani
- Poll panel to throw open challenge: Check our EVMs
- Hindustani classical loses its voice: Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in Rajouri sector of Jammu-Kashmir
- Mumbai: 24-year-old jumps off 19th floor of hotel room after going Live on FB
It is not the iPhone 5 many people were having wild dreams about, but the new iPhone 4S is much better than any other phone from Apple so far. And when you think of it rationally, the mythical iPhone 5 wouldn't have been much different, except for maybe a change in design. Here is a look at what the best new features of the 4S are:
iOS 5: The 4S is straightaway start work on the new iOS 5, which Apple claims is the world's most advanced mobile operating system, something which others might meekly agree to. The new features will include the Notification Center, an innovative way to easily view and manage notifications in one place without interruption and iMessage, a new messaging service that lets you easily send text messages, photos and videos between other iOS 5 users. iOS 5 will also be available as a free software update for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS customers.
Siri: This is the cutting edge stuff. For the first time in any device, except for the stuff of science fiction, the 4S will let its users interact verbally with an app. This intelligent assistant will help you get things done, all you have to do is ask. Siri understands context, allowing you to speak naturally when you ask it questions. Ask if you will need a jacket for your trip to London this weekend and it understands you are looking for a weather forecast. "Siri is also smart about using the personal information you allow it to access, for example, if you tell Siri 'Remind me to call Mom when I get home' it can find "Mom" in your address book, or ask Siri 'What's the traffic like around here?' and it can figure out where "here" is based on your current location," says Apple.
- An omnibus Finance Bill violates canons of constitutional propriety
- Punjab minister’s proposal to decolonise history can be a beginning
- This is constitutional moment for GST, moment ripe for ambition and visionary decision-making
- The first diplomatic encounter between Donald Trump, Xi Jinping will set tone for Asian geopolitics