Five held for filming girl in obscene manner
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Arvind Kejriwal set to launch Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha poll campaign tomorrow at Rohtak
- Hindu migrants from Bangladesh must be accommodated: Modi
- Sushma Swaraj on Rahul Gandhi's anti-graft efforts: Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali
- Days after former Mumbai commissioner, another top cop quits post to join BJP
Five students of a government school were today arrested for allegedly trying to outrage the modesty of a 15-year-old girl classmate in Elamachili mandal of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The tenth class girl was filmed by a mobile phone camera wherein the prime accused was seen "misbehaving" with her and the video clip was shared among the four other students on their cell phone handsets through bluetooth, they said.
All the five boy students, aged around 15-years, involved in filming the girl in a obscene manner and later sharing the same were booked for trying to outrage the modesty of the girl and other relevant sections under IPC and the IT Act, a senior police officer said.
Though the incident happened 10 days ago at the school premises in Kunteru village of Elamachili mandal, but it came to light yesterday when the victim approached the Elamachili police station and lodged a complaint against her classmates after learning about the video clip.
"It seems before taking the shot, the mobile phone was hanged on a wall and the prime accused later allegedly kissed the girl. The five students will be produced before a juvenile court this afternoon," the police officer added.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express