Five injured in Bhosari slab collapse
- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
Five labourers sustained critical injuries after a portion of a slab collapsed on Monday at an under-construction building site on the Bhosari-Alandi Road. Police said the accident took place around 1 pm.
The injured labourers are Jivan Mhasure (27) of Chakrapani Vasahat, Bhosari, Parshuram Tapanna (20) of Bhosari, Sidappa Banage (38), Shivanand Patil (44) both of Chinchwad and Manoj Kore (19) of Dighi.
The injured are being treated at a private hospital.
Police said Tapanna suffered a head injury and is most critical. Police Inspector (Crime) Chandrakant Bhosale said: "Part of the work was already done and cement concrete was being poured for further construction when the accident occurred."