Five 'jealous' wives rape Nigerian man to death
- LIVE UPDATES: PM Narendra Modi reaches Rajaji Hall in Chennai, pays last respects to Jayalalithaa
- Jayalalithaa funeral: IAF aircraft carrying President develops technical snag mid-air, returns to Delhi
- Chennai comes to a grinding halt, deserted streets, shops closed
- How world media covered the death of 'Iron Lady' Jayalalithaa
- Panneerselvam is new Tamil Nadu CM but behind the throne is Sasikala
In an extraordinary case of jealousy, a Nigerian man - husband of six - was allegedly raped to death by his five spouses as he was paying too much attention to his sixth wife in east-central Benue state.
Uroko Onoja, a wealthy businessman, was having sex with his youngest wife when the other five women attacked him with knives and sticks, demanding that he have sex with all of them at once.
Onoja, who resisted their attack, was overpowered by the women who ordered that the sex march begin with the youngest wife and to continue in that order to the top, Nigeria's Daily reported.
Onoja stopped breathing when the fifth woman was making her way to the bed.
According Onoja's youngest wife, five other spouses ran into the forest realising that their husband is no more.
Village head Okpe Odoh said that the matter had been reported to the police, who have already arrested two of the wives following the incident last week.
- Jayalalithaa’s popularity owed to a welfare model where state replaced the male breadwinner
- Making playing of national anthem mandatory goes against its spirit
- Ruins of Babri mandir-masjid dispute
- Environmentally unsound rituals, like carbon-heavy cremations, still continue
- Why can’t we charge banks for insufficient cash
- War as performance: The fidayeen cult is about dying, not killing