Five 'jealous' wives rape Nigerian man to death
- Kansas shooting: Indian employee of Garmin, Srinivas Kuchibhotla, becomes victim of racial attack
- Maharashtra civic polls 2017: Behind BJP’s art of winning, there’s craft too
- UP polls 2017: Many sing Akhilesh Yadav’s praise but not all of them will put their vote where their mouth is
- Kalikho Pul note: Cautious Centre says can’t besmirch reputations by ordering probe
- Ramjas Scare: Drama fest called off over ‘anti-national’ charge
In an extraordinary case of jealousy, a Nigerian man - husband of six - was allegedly raped to death by his five spouses as he was paying too much attention to his sixth wife in east-central Benue state.
Uroko Onoja, a wealthy businessman, was having sex with his youngest wife when the other five women attacked him with knives and sticks, demanding that he have sex with all of them at once.
Onoja, who resisted their attack, was overpowered by the women who ordered that the sex march begin with the youngest wife and to continue in that order to the top, Nigeria's Daily reported.
Onoja stopped breathing when the fifth woman was making her way to the bed.
According Onoja's youngest wife, five other spouses ran into the forest realising that their husband is no more.
Village head Okpe Odoh said that the matter had been reported to the police, who have already arrested two of the wives following the incident last week.
- Once you start marching to tune of ‘Left Right, Left Right’, you’re mostly marching, not thinking critically
- Defence establishment must restructure itself, develop indigenous manufacturing
- In a post-Trump world, India can be an example of plural values
- The neta has become the anti-hero, mirroring a larger loss of faith in politics
- For IPL franchises, market considerations are as important as talent
- Demonetisation shows India’s social welfare measures like MGNREGS to be worryingly patchy