Five 'jealous' wives rape Nigerian man to death
- Govt slams opposition for politics over Army Chief's 'tough action' in Valley remarks
- Terror funding: Pakistan to face heat at Paris meet this weekend
- Urjit Patel: Impact of demonetisation will be a sharp 'V', banks have done a Herculean job
- Tamil Nadu: O Panneerselvam alone for now, AIADMK friends have bigger things in mind
- Pakistan Sehwan shrine blast: All you need to know about the terror attack
In an extraordinary case of jealousy, a Nigerian man - husband of six - was allegedly raped to death by his five spouses as he was paying too much attention to his sixth wife in east-central Benue state.
Uroko Onoja, a wealthy businessman, was having sex with his youngest wife when the other five women attacked him with knives and sticks, demanding that he have sex with all of them at once.
Onoja, who resisted their attack, was overpowered by the women who ordered that the sex march begin with the youngest wife and to continue in that order to the top, Nigeria's Daily reported.
Onoja stopped breathing when the fifth woman was making her way to the bed.
According Onoja's youngest wife, five other spouses ran into the forest realising that their husband is no more.
Village head Okpe Odoh said that the matter had been reported to the police, who have already arrested two of the wives following the incident last week.
- In Manipur, Cong battles fatigue, BJP struggles to grow roots. Irom Sharmila makes debut
- India should convince world that the choice between Islamic State and Taliban is a false one
- Does religion form the core of the Pakistani identity and is it reconcilable with democracy and its institutional forms?
- In India, voices of public protest against hate-mongering targeting Muslims have been far too muted
- But Sanjay Leela Bhansali must rethink his cinema
- Demand for quotas by powerful groups draws on perceptions, does injustice to truly disadvantaged