Five 'jealous' wives rape Nigerian man to death
In an extraordinary case of jealousy, a Nigerian man - husband of six - was allegedly raped to death by his five spouses as he was paying too much attention to his sixth wife in east-central Benue state.
Uroko Onoja, a wealthy businessman, was having sex with his youngest wife when the other five women attacked him with knives and sticks, demanding that he have sex with all of them at once.
Onoja, who resisted their attack, was overpowered by the women who ordered that the sex march begin with the youngest wife and to continue in that order to the top, Nigeria's Daily reported.
Onoja stopped breathing when the fifth woman was making her way to the bed.
According Onoja's youngest wife, five other spouses ran into the forest realising that their husband is no more.
Village head Okpe Odoh said that the matter had been reported to the police, who have already arrested two of the wives following the incident last week.
- Govt resolve to continue using pellet guns in Kashmir is deeply troubling
- You Pay More, You Get More: At AIIMS, the issue is much more complicated
- Lahore Lit Fest, a rebuke from the past
- Don’t preach to the ABVP: It has its own politics, doesn't need to mimic anyone else's
- TN: Loan waivers, soft loans, compensation for 'proven' suicides insufficient response to farmers' deaths
- Crisis of Haryana’s dominant castes mirrors India’s challenge: Lack of good jobs