Five 'jealous' wives rape Nigerian man to death
- National Herald case: HC dismisses pleas of Sonia, Rahul Gandhi against summons; Cong to move SC
- India maul South Africa by 337 runs at Kotla, seal series 3-0
- Mumbai: One killed in massive slum fire in Kandivili
- Powerful earthquake jolts Tajikistan, tremors felt in Srinagar, NCR
- India-Pakistan talks: Good but not breaking news -- yet
In an extraordinary case of jealousy, a Nigerian man - husband of six - was allegedly raped to death by his five spouses as he was paying too much attention to his sixth wife in east-central Benue state.
Uroko Onoja, a wealthy businessman, was having sex with his youngest wife when the other five women attacked him with knives and sticks, demanding that he have sex with all of them at once.
Onoja, who resisted their attack, was overpowered by the women who ordered that the sex march begin with the youngest wife and to continue in that order to the top, Nigeria's Daily reported.
Onoja stopped breathing when the fifth woman was making her way to the bed.
According Onoja's youngest wife, five other spouses ran into the forest realising that their husband is no more.
Village head Okpe Odoh said that the matter had been reported to the police, who have already arrested two of the wives following the incident last week.
- Nepal: Constitutional settlements require statesmanship and generosity, which is missing today
- Several problems with Delhi govt's odd-even formula, decision needs to be rethought
- The internet gender gap is widening the global development gap
- Raja-Mandala: Delhi to Rawalpindi
- Margi Sathi helped recreate Kutiyattam and Nangiarkoothu for a new audience
- Chennai Floods: The burden of bravery