Five killed, 1 injured in road mishaps
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
At least five people have died in separate road accidents in Haryana over the past 24 hours.
While three died, another sustained injuries in Jind district when the truck they were travelling in hit a speed breaker and overturned in Narwana town on Sunday. The injured truck driver has been admitted in hospital.
In another accident, a rashly driven truck rammed into a motorcycle-borne youth, killing him on the spot. The truck driver managed to flee. The deceased, Pankaj, was a resident of Layalpur village in Kurukshetra. In Karnal, a truck rammed into a motorcycle-borne youth on Hansi road. The deceased, Prince, was a resident of Mangal colony.
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’
- A nun-lawyer’s habit starts court dress code debate in Delhi
- They have not voted for 10 years
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- State registers 61 pc voter turnout in phase II
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan