Five more rape cases in UP
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
At least five new cases of rape and violent assault of women and minor girls were reported from different parts of Uttar Pradesh since Sunday night.
A married woman was allegedly raped and set on fire in Etah district late Sunday night while three other cases of sexual assault on minors were reported — a minor Dalit girl missing since June 17 was found murdered in Gonda district on Sunday, a case of alleged rape of a minor was registered in Ferozabad district and a 15-year-old girl was raped and killed in Sitapur district on Monday. In Akrabad, a woman alleged rape by a constable and his accomplice in custody.
Special DGP (Law & Order) Brij Lal on Monday said the rape allegations in the Gonda and the Ferozabad cases were yet to be verified.
The Etah incident, SSP Luxmi Narain said, took place at Sabhapur village under Nidhauli Kalan police station.
Three youths of the village — Sunil Yadav alias Sonu, Suman Yadav and Ravish — entered the house of Anarkali (32) on Sunday night and attacked her. Her husband Shishupal Yadav is employed in Delhi.
Anarkali told the police in her dying declaration that Sunil raped her at gunpoint. When she threatened to go to the police, the trio set her on fire, the SSP said. The station officer who did not visit the spot has since been suspended. The woman's statement was recorded by a sub-divisional magistrate, Narain said.
In Gonda, DIG (Devipatan Range) Anand Swaroop said the body of a 13-year-old Dalit girl, Asha — who went missing from Kaitholi village since Friday morning — was found on Sunday afternoon
The DIG said the girl's body was decomposed and there were injury marks around her neck. There was no injury mark evident on her private parts and the clothes were intact, he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress