Five more rape cases in UP
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
At least five new cases of rape and violent assault of women and minor girls were reported from different parts of Uttar Pradesh since Sunday night.
A married woman was allegedly raped and set on fire in Etah district late Sunday night while three other cases of sexual assault on minors were reported — a minor Dalit girl missing since June 17 was found murdered in Gonda district on Sunday, a case of alleged rape of a minor was registered in Ferozabad district and a 15-year-old girl was raped and killed in Sitapur district on Monday. In Akrabad, a woman alleged rape by a constable and his accomplice in custody.
Special DGP (Law & Order) Brij Lal on Monday said the rape allegations in the Gonda and the Ferozabad cases were yet to be verified.
The Etah incident, SSP Luxmi Narain said, took place at Sabhapur village under Nidhauli Kalan police station.
Three youths of the village — Sunil Yadav alias Sonu, Suman Yadav and Ravish — entered the house of Anarkali (32) on Sunday night and attacked her. Her husband Shishupal Yadav is employed in Delhi.
Anarkali told the police in her dying declaration that Sunil raped her at gunpoint. When she threatened to go to the police, the trio set her on fire, the SSP said. The station officer who did not visit the spot has since been suspended. The woman's statement was recorded by a sub-divisional magistrate, Narain said.
In Gonda, DIG (Devipatan Range) Anand Swaroop said the body of a 13-year-old Dalit girl, Asha — who went missing from Kaitholi village since Friday morning — was found on Sunday afternoon
The DIG said the girl's body was decomposed and there were injury marks around her neck. There was no injury mark evident on her private parts and the clothes were intact, he said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready