Five new cases of cheating in SSC exam
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A total of 13 FIRs have been registered at the R K Puram police station, following several cases of impersonation and cheating at the recently held typing skill test examination held by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), police said.
Police have booked the accused under charges of criminal conspiracy, cheating and impersonation.
Newsline had earlier reported about the first seven cases in which FIR had been registered against the accused.
As many as five fresh cases of fraud came to light around 10 days ago. The impersonation took place during the examination for the post of the Lower Division Clerk (LDC), conducted by the SSC at the National Data Centre office, R K Puram. The exam was conducted in two different shifts on March 16.
While some of the candidates were nabbed when their handwriting did not match with that on the papers, the other instances of fraud were reported later, after which police were informed.
Incidentally, almost all the candidates named in the FIR are from Haryana. Most of them are from Sonepat and Bhiwani districts.
Police are trying to find the mastermind, who provided proxy candidates to write the exam. Sources said the mastermind of both the cases of fraud is the same. Police have also found some clues that suggest a common link, but said that they are yet to find the link.
"They claim not to know each other. Most of them have also confessed that they had received money from the actual candidate to write the exam. In a few cases, related to the arrest of Bhupender and Rajesh from Sonipat, there appears to be a common link," a police officer investigating the case said.
So far, police have arrested at least 12 persons in connection with the case. While most of the them are from Bhiwani and Sonepat, two are from Jhajjar and one from Delhi.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties