Five policemen injured as SUV hits police van
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nilekani, Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Five policemen were injured on Saturday after a stationary police van was hit by a speeding SUV in suburban Powai.
The accident occurred when Assistant Police Sub Inspector Kalyan Mandalik (55), Constables Sridhar Sawakande (45), B D Dhagde (44), Tukaram Yadav (44) and Sudhir Pandit (45) were inspecting a site on the road where a mixture-truck had
While the policemen were getting into the van to update the control room about the truck accident (in which there were no casualties), the Tata Sumo driven by Sagar Gaikwad (27) rammed into the van.
Mandalik and Sawakande were given first-aid for minor injuries, while the other three were shifted to a private hospital from the civic-run Rajawadi hospital, police said.
The driver's blood samples had been sent to laboratory to check if he was under the influence of alcohol, police said.