Five policemen injured as SUV hits police van
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
Five policemen were injured on Saturday after a stationary police van was hit by a speeding SUV in suburban Powai.
The accident occurred when Assistant Police Sub Inspector Kalyan Mandalik (55), Constables Sridhar Sawakande (45), B D Dhagde (44), Tukaram Yadav (44) and Sudhir Pandit (45) were inspecting a site on the road where a mixture-truck had
While the policemen were getting into the van to update the control room about the truck accident (in which there were no casualties), the Tata Sumo driven by Sagar Gaikwad (27) rammed into the van.
Mandalik and Sawakande were given first-aid for minor injuries, while the other three were shifted to a private hospital from the civic-run Rajawadi hospital, police said.
The driver's blood samples had been sent to laboratory to check if he was under the influence of alcohol, police said.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit