Five-yr-old dies after eating ‘expired’ noodles
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
A five-year-old girl died and four family members were hospitalised in a suspected case of food poisoning after they consumed expired noodles in J&K's Kulgam district on Wednesday.
The police said that Abroo (5) of village Manzgam along with her parents and two siblings fell unconscious soon after eating the noodles. The expired noodles were brought from a shop run by Abroo's uncle and father, the police said.
SP, Kulgam, Mohammad Shafi said that the police have started investigation and collected food samples from the shop. The police added that the family was rushed to Kulgam district hospital, shifted to District Hospital at Anantnag, and later to Srinagar as their condition deteriorated.