Five-yr-old dies after eating ‘expired’ noodles
- Union Cabinet recommends President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh
- Rafale jet deal on right track, says French President Hollande ahead of India visit
- Three girls commit suicide in Tamil Nadu, blaming college, high fees
- Tavleen Singh's column: Could Rohith have been saved?
- Netaji files: Centre rejected probe reports twice, to assert ‘Bose dead’
A five-year-old girl died and four family members were hospitalised in a suspected case of food poisoning after they consumed expired noodles in J&K's Kulgam district on Wednesday.
The police said that Abroo (5) of village Manzgam along with her parents and two siblings fell unconscious soon after eating the noodles. The expired noodles were brought from a shop run by Abroo's uncle and father, the police said.
SP, Kulgam, Mohammad Shafi said that the police have started investigation and collected food samples from the shop. The police added that the family was rushed to Kulgam district hospital, shifted to District Hospital at Anantnag, and later to Srinagar as their condition deteriorated.