Five-yr-old dies after eating ‘expired’ noodles
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
A five-year-old girl died and four family members were hospitalised in a suspected case of food poisoning after they consumed expired noodles in J&K's Kulgam district on Wednesday.
The police said that Abroo (5) of village Manzgam along with her parents and two siblings fell unconscious soon after eating the noodles. The expired noodles were brought from a shop run by Abroo's uncle and father, the police said.
SP, Kulgam, Mohammad Shafi said that the police have started investigation and collected food samples from the shop. The police added that the family was rushed to Kulgam district hospital, shifted to District Hospital at Anantnag, and later to Srinagar as their condition deteriorated.