Five-yr-old dies after eating ‘expired’ noodles
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
A five-year-old girl died and four family members were hospitalised in a suspected case of food poisoning after they consumed expired noodles in J&K's Kulgam district on Wednesday.
The police said that Abroo (5) of village Manzgam along with her parents and two siblings fell unconscious soon after eating the noodles. The expired noodles were brought from a shop run by Abroo's uncle and father, the police said.
SP, Kulgam, Mohammad Shafi said that the police have started investigation and collected food samples from the shop. The police added that the family was rushed to Kulgam district hospital, shifted to District Hospital at Anantnag, and later to Srinagar as their condition deteriorated.
The Superintendent of District Hospital at Anantnag, Dr Majid Mehraj said that Abroo died on way to the hospital. Deputy Medical Superintendent, G B Pant Hospital, Dr Saleem said the cause of Abroo's death could be ascertained only after receiving the forensic report.