Five-yr-old dies after eating ‘expired’ noodles
- In regulator inbox, a million messages for net neutrality
- Suicide at AAP rally: Working on father’s 25 bighas, he would tie turbans for a living
- Mumbai Police arrest ‘largest meow-meow drug peddler’
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Kedarnath shrine on foot
- Cabinet clears trial of juveniles as adults in ‘heinous cases’
A five-year-old girl died and four family members were hospitalised in a suspected case of food poisoning after they consumed expired noodles in J&K's Kulgam district on Wednesday.
The police said that Abroo (5) of village Manzgam along with her parents and two siblings fell unconscious soon after eating the noodles. The expired noodles were brought from a shop run by Abroo's uncle and father, the police said.
SP, Kulgam, Mohammad Shafi said that the police have started investigation and collected food samples from the shop. The police added that the family was rushed to Kulgam district hospital, shifted to District Hospital at Anantnag, and later to Srinagar as their condition deteriorated.
The Superintendent of District Hospital at Anantnag, Dr Majid Mehraj said that Abroo died on way to the hospital. Deputy Medical Superintendent, G B Pant Hospital, Dr Saleem said the cause of Abroo's death could be ascertained only after receiving the forensic report.