Flats in Banda meant for BPL families occupied illegally: Probe report
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
An inquiry ordered by Banda District Magistrate into the allotment of houses to the urban homeless poor under Kanshi Ram Urban Poor Housing Scheme has discovered that as many as 320 occupants had illegally got the flats in the district's two colonies having a total of 1,500 flats.
After receiving the complaints that several people had illegally occupied the flats in two colonies built in Hardauli and Nimnipaar meant for the people belonging to below poverty line (BPL) families, DM G S Naveen Kumar had ordered an inquiry into the allotments.
An inquiry team consisting of the officials from Banda Municipal Corporation, District Urban Development Authority and Revenue department found that about 320 flats had been occupied by the people who were not eligible for allotments as per its norms.
Banda city magistrate Jai Shankar Dubey, who headed the inquiry, said they have issued notices to all these occupants on Thursday asking them to vacate the flats within a week. "They will be asked to present their case and if they could not satisfy us, they will be forcibly evicted and action will be taken against them," he said.
Dubey said most of the people who had cornered the flats illegally were already in possession of houses and many of them did not even belong to BPL families.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words