Flats not ready, DDA suspends four engineers
- Arvind Kejriwal to launch AAP's Lok Sabha poll campaign from Haryana today
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
Three days after Delhi Development Authority vice-chairman Sanjay Kumar Shrivastava promised action against officials found to be responsible for incomplete work at various sites under DDA's 2010 housing scheme, four engineers were suspended for dereliction of duty with regard to the Mukherjee Nagar project, sources said.
On Saturday, senior engineers visited Mukherjee Nagar and inspected all 336 flats, whose possession was given to allottees in June. They found that these flats were not livable.
"We told officials that the flats were incomplete. After inspection, the officers said they would get them ready in three months. We feel it will take at least six months for the flats to be ready. We said since allottees have made full payment for these flats, we should get some interest till they are ready,'' an allottee of a Mukherjee Nagar flat, said on condition of anonymity.
Many of these allottees have taken loans to pay for the flats and are living in rented accommodation because the flats are not ready.
"We should be compensated for this harrassement,'' said the allottee. According to sources, three executive engineers and one junior engineer have been suspended. The three-bedroom flats cost as much as Rs 88 lakh. The flats were under construction since 2010, when the housing scheme was launched.
Around 700 flats under Delhi Development Authority housing scheme 2010 are still under construction in Vasant Kunj and Dwarka Sector-18B.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Government blames BJP for delay in passage of Telangana bill in Rajya Sabha, may extend Parliament session
- Dhoni, do you believe you can win abroad? | The Indian Express
- ‘Troop movement should’ve been avoided if they knew (V K Singh’s) court date’