Flood alert by Delhi govt after rains
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Delhi Government issued flood alerts and asked concerned authorities to evacuate people from low-lying areas in the wake of incessant rains in the city.
The decision to issue flood alert was taken at a high-level meeting to review the situation arising out of the continuous rain which has resulted in flood-like situation in many low-lying areas.
The flood control department has been asked to make necessary arrangements to evacuate people from the areas adjacent to the Yamuna river and other low-lying areas.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18