Flood, landslide kill 10 in Indonesia; 20 missing
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Authorities say flash floods and a landslide triggered by torrential rains on Indonesia's Sulawesi island have killed at least 10 people and left 20 others missing.
Local police chief Capt. Yuslim Yunus said today the landslide blocked a river in Batanguru village of Mamasa district, causing it to burst out of its banks and wash away seven houses.
He says 10 bodies were recovered late yesterday of people who drowned or were buried in mud. The death toll may increase as rescue workers continue searching for those who are missing.
Seasonal downpours cause frequent landslides and flash floods in Indonesia, a chain of 17,000 islands where millions live in mountainous areas or near fertile flood plains.