Flood, landslide kill 10 in Indonesia; 20 missing
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
Authorities say flash floods and a landslide triggered by torrential rains on Indonesia's Sulawesi island have killed at least 10 people and left 20 others missing.
Local police chief Capt. Yuslim Yunus said today the landslide blocked a river in Batanguru village of Mamasa district, causing it to burst out of its banks and wash away seven houses.
He says 10 bodies were recovered late yesterday of people who drowned or were buried in mud. The death toll may increase as rescue workers continue searching for those who are missing.