Flower-eating goat cleared of vandalism
- MiG-27 crashes in Jodhpur; pilots safe, two houses damaged
- Worst in US history: How the Orlando shooting unfolded
- Firm Amitabh Bachchan denied link to acquired ship from his brother
- Delhi: Two killed as speeding car rams into pedestrians in Janakpuri
- Kairana migration: UP govt should take responsibility, says Kiren Rijiju
Gary the flower-eating goat's graze with Australian police has ended with his comedian owner getting the last laugh in court.
A Sydney judge ruled Wednesday that neither the goat nor his owner could be found guilty of vandalism over an August incident when Gary decided to snack on a flowerbed outside a city museum.
Police at the time leveled a fine of 440 Australian dollars ($465) against owner Jim Dezarnaul, a comedian known as Jimbo Bazoobi.
But man and goat got their day in court, with Gary arriving resplendent in a colorful hat on Wednesday. The brown-and-white goat didn't testify, but he had his own lawyer.
- Liberalism needs to recover the noble lie that ideas are not politics by other means
- To suggest that India’s home secretary was ‘enjoying’ Pak hospitality is misleading
- Liquor has become a political issue, it demands a political solution
- Time for India to shed its ‘hesitations of history’ towards China and Pakistan
- Negating Ambedkar's contribution to the Constitution is part of a political design
- Analysts have made too much of a deal of the GDP growth in the fourth quarter