Flower-eating goat cleared of vandalism
- Modi-Sharif joint statement: Release Indian, Pakistan fishermen from respective jails
- Debris of missing Coast Guard Dornier located in Tamil Nadu sea waters
- Lawrence of Arabia actor Omar Sharif passes away at 83
- IIT Roorkee expells 73 students for faring badly
- Gajendra Chauhan chosen over icons as he could devote more time: Government
Gary the flower-eating goat's graze with Australian police has ended with his comedian owner getting the last laugh in court.
A Sydney judge ruled Wednesday that neither the goat nor his owner could be found guilty of vandalism over an August incident when Gary decided to snack on a flowerbed outside a city museum.
Police at the time leveled a fine of 440 Australian dollars ($465) against owner Jim Dezarnaul, a comedian known as Jimbo Bazoobi.
But man and goat got their day in court, with Gary arriving resplendent in a colorful hat on Wednesday. The brown-and-white goat didn't testify, but he had his own lawyer.
Owner Dezarnaul said the case serves as a lesson to overzealous authorities, "and that's `Don't bite off more than you can chew.''