FM says protect state land from illegal slums
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Deputy CM and finance minister Ajit Pawar has asked the Mumbai and suburban collector to ensure a separate budget in the district planning and development council (DPDC) to protect revenue earned and guard government land from encroachments.
He indicated this financial year, no additional funds would be allotted to the districts as money would be diverted for drought-relief measures.
On Sunday, a slum colony overnight came up at Neelam Nagar in Mumbai East under the collector's jurisdiction. The attempt was thwarted by local leaders of all political parties.
Officials demanded funds to construct high walls around the plots.